Nature has designed our bodies in a very incredible way. It has administrated our body with natural defenses. Vomiting is one of the security systems that nature establishes in our body to avoid danger. There are two ways How to Induce Vomiting. These ways refer to natural vomiting, and the other one is self-vomiting.
There may be several conditions of self-induced vomiting. Some people induce vomiting on their own to throw up drugs or alcohol. Overeating is also another reason for self-vomiting. Some people are fond of eating. They love to eat a lot. Some people eat more enough that they cannot even move properly. After doing so, they realize that they did not do well with themselves and with their health. To overcome this issue, they go for the method of self-induced vomiting. So, they can prevent the seriousness of their health and avoid them.
If we ingest something toxic or harmful material, we need to excrete it out as soon as possible to save our life. The standard and easy way to exude out poisonous object is to induce vomiting.
In fact, for many years, the way to induce vomiting is the most common way. Especially the children at a very young age often swallow many things they are unaware of, which can be proved harmful to them. The parents, in this regard, must have such objects that help their children to throw up via inducing vomiting. Ipecac syrup is a well-known syrup or drug that helps a child to throw up by inducing vomiting.
Nausea is also an excuse that people provide as the reason behind induce vomiting. It refers to a disorder regarding the stomach whereby the affected person suffers from the uneasiness in his or her stomach. While dealing with this disorder, the affected person desires to induce vomiting in order to throw up so he or she can heal his or her stomach from nausea.
Though the inducing vomit is an easy way to throw up, its repetition may turn critical and cause severe conditions as well. It does not prove itself to be a safe way to treat toxins every time. It may cause several disorders that show to be harmful to health critically. In this article, we are going to discuss approximately all the aspects with specific reference to induced vomiting.
Does INDUCING VOMIT prove to be harmful?
As mentioned before that the human body has the natural ability to remove unwanted or harmful objects from it. Our body cannot treat the poisons, chemicals and toxic products naturally. It is crucial to treat them medically. In case someone ingests any poisonous or chemical object, we immediately should contact a doctor or a medical adviser who can deal with the poison affected patient. We should try to avoid treating such patients at home as much as possible. It may result in making the situation more severe than it is actually.
The doctors themselves do not suggest the method of self-induced vomiting to treat poisoning. The reason behind this is that once someone ingests poison or any toxic material, it goes through all the systems of our body and affects them as well.
- Firstly it damages the digestive system of the person who goes through it. Damaging the gastrointestinal system directly refers to damage of all the internal body organs that take part in digestion. These organs include the oesophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, liver, pancreas, and gallbladder. In some less critical cases, it may influence on these organs and injure them temporarily. This temporary injury can be overcome by treating it well on a medical basis under the instructions of a doctor or the medical adviser.
- Self-induced vomiting can cause pancreatitis. Pancreatitis refers to a disorder of the pancreas, which mostly takes part in indigestion. This order causes severe swelling over the pancreas that is a harmful condition toward our entire body.
- Self-induced vomiting also may influence the circulatory system, the reproductive system, and the integumentary system of the affected person.
- Despite that, self-induced vomiting also causes dehydration. Dehydration refers to a condition whereby the human body goes through the deficiency of water. It lowers the blood pressure of the affected person, which may lead him or her towards death by making the situation worst.
- It influences the tissues of the mouth and throat as well. By keeping this thing in mind that mouth and throat are also the body organs that play perhaps the most crucial role in the process of digestion. It won’t be wrong if I say that mouth and throat are the leading organs of digestion system that initiate it.
- Nature has accommodated the stomach with natural acid. In case someone attempts the method of self-induced vomiting to treat poison, there is a vast possibility of mixing up the poison and the natural acid. The combination of the poison and the acid which lies in the stomach may lead to a severe reaction. This reaction definitely results in danger. It may be proved to be so harmful that it also can cause death.
- It is generally observed that that incase if someone tries to attempt the method of self-induced vomiting, the natural acid which lies in the stomach moves in an upward direction. As a result, it will erode his or her teeth and mouth if he or she continues to practice the method of self-induced vomiting over and over again.
- Self-induced vomiting also leads to chemical burns as the poison would definitely travel in an upward direction in order to throw up.
- The attempt of self-induced vomiting may lead to aspiration. If the effort goes wrong, there is a possibility that the vomiting moves towards the trachea from where it enters the lungs of the affected person. It may also cause death in severe conditions. The trachea is the long pipe that joints our mouth to our lungs. It brings the air we inhale to our lungs, whereby the filtration of blood takes place.
The aspiration refers to draw in or out using a sucking motion. It has two meanings. First, it is meant by breathing in a foreign object (sucking food into the airway). Secondly, it refers to a medical procedure that helps in removing something from the body. These substances include air, body fluids, or bone fragments.
- Self-induced vomiting can be a reason for making electrolytes of human body imbalance, which may lead to the damage of the heart and other organs.
- Self-induced vomiting can cause bulimia too. It is also called bulimia nervosa. Bulimia nervosa is basically a disorder regarding overeating. Bulimia nervosa refers to a critical mental illness that may influence the people of every age group or gender i.e., children, teenagers, youngsters, and even the older ones. People who are being suffered from bulimia nervosa are caught in a cycle of having food in large quantity i.e., bingeing. After overeating on a higher level, such people try to compensate for that overeating by using different lame methods that can be proved to be harmful towards their health physically and psychologically as well. These methods include self-induced vomiting, mainly.
Our health regarding induce vomiting.
Many people consider that the method of inducing vomiting would help them in decreasing their weight, so they should be aware of it. Such people should consult a doctor or a medical adviser in this regard as the repetition of self-induced vomiting may lead them towards several eating disorders. These eating disorders may be critical as well as affect their body and mental health, thus causing psychological issues. The disorders regarding eating and digestion do have long-lasting effects that are not treated promptly.
However, the method of self-induced vomiting may be proved as beneficially effective in some conditions. Like it may be helpful for someone in throwing up who has ingested the drugs or alcohol in order to avoid and cancel their disadvantages.
Attempt to induce vomiting on your own is to be prescribed by the doctor or the medical adviser who is enabled to deal with such cases. We should not try the current method on our own without consulting our doctor or medical adviser. In fact, they suggest you induce vomiting on your own. They will guide you properly and make you acknowledge the basic instructions that assure the safe and successful attempt to induce vomiting on your own.