Minesweeper is one of the famous puzzle game that is available in the windows. This game is a single-player, and the goal of this game is to clear the rectangular board, which contains hidden bombs and mines. The game was first developed in the 1960s. This game is extensively played by every windows user once in their lifetime. We have seen in the offices when employees are free they keep on playing this game. The game is a little bit difficult because there are several hidden bombs and mines. In the following section, we will tell you guys how to play Minesweeper.
There are several variants of Minesweeper available in the market. However, one of the most renowned versions is Minesweeper which is available in the windows. This game is played by almost every single person who has used a computer in the 1990s and 2000s.
History of Minesweeper
Minesweeper has its origin from the mainframe games in the 1960s and 70s. The early ancestor of this game was Jerimac Ratliff’s Cube. In addition to this, it appeared in MS-DOS in 1985. Minesweeper is quite similar to Re-Logic, however, there are individual differences in them as well. In the older versions of the windows, Minesweeper was preinstalled. However, after windows 8, you need to install Minesweeper from the windows store.
Under this heading, we will tell you guys that how can you play this game.
Understand the mechanism behind the Minesweeper
The first step is to understand the strategy behind Minesweeper. The game starts with the grid of blocks, where there are hidden numbers behind those blocks. It would be best if you opened those blocks. Initially, you have to click randomly on any block. Some of the blocks will disappear, and some numbers will appear on them as well.
Use the mouse’s left and right buttons.
You have to use the left and right mouse clicks to play this game. On a higher level, you need to mark the squares. Don’t worry about the first click.
Knowing the number
When you click on the square, a number will appear. For example, if one appears, it means the block near to it will contain a mine or bomb. Therefore, you must avoid opening those boxes.
How to download and install Minesweeper
Well, in the older versions of the windows, Minesweeper was preinstalled. However, in the current Windows version, Minesweeper needs to be installed from the windows store. In order to download and install, you need to follow the following steps.
- Open the start menu from the right corner, or click the windows button on the keyboard.
- Type “Store” in the search bar and click enter
- Open Microsoft store
- Click on the search bar on the corner and search for Minesweeper.
- Click on Microsoft Minesweeper and after that click on get
- It will install minesweeper on your system.
Step by Step to play Minesweeper
The following are the steps for playing Minesweeper.
- Open Minesweeper from your computer
- Select the difficulty level, and there are three levels of difficulty in this game.
- Easy level with 9×9 board in which there are ten mines
- Medium with 16×16 board in which there are 40 mines
- Expert with 30×16 board in which there are 99 mines
- Custom in which you set your parameter
- See the tutorial if you want to see
- Click any square in the grid
- When the grid starts to open, Right-click on the block you think that contains mines.
- Double right on any square that you are doubtful about it.
- Click any square that doesn’t contain any mines.
- Clear the board by repeating the above steps.
Age limit for Minesweeper
Well, there isn’t any restriction on age in this game. People of all ages can play this game easily. For kids, these kinds of games will enhance their intelligence levels. In addition to this, it is also one of the best sources of time pass if you are getting bored or you don’t have an internet connection. These puzzle games are quite helpful for developing intelligence, and it also increases the problem-solving skills of the person.
Why no one knows the way to play Minesweeper
You might be thinking that Minesweeper is one of the oldest games, yet tiny people know how to play it. Unlike other games, Minesweeper doesn’t have any kind of story that you need to be accomplished. It is a puzzle-based game in which you have to save yourself from mines and bombs.
The first type of Minesweeper was made by Robert Donner, who was hired by Microsoft in 1989. It was actually a programming exercise, and he developed this famous game. Solving Minesweeper is quite tricky. It requires a lot of mental skills to complete. Furthermore, It is one of the main reasons people are unable to play the Minesweeper game. With time and practice, you can learn the skill to play this game.