What is the Non-Paged area?
The nonpaged area is an area related to memory. It consists of the fundamental and critical data to run the whole system. This data is always necessary for you to run the system. Therefore, the windows operating system keeps this vital data in RAM. Here the nonpaged area lies instead of switching the data back and forth between the RAM and the page file. Now, let us discuss what is page fault in non paged area.
What is Page fault in the nonpaged area?
Page Fault in the non paged area is a BSOD error. The BSOD error denotes the “Blue Screen of Death”. The BSOD error occurs due to system hardware, timing, temperature, corrupt registries, resources, or viruses, and your system OS.
This error occurs if the system is unable to find out the data that you stored in the non paged area. The hardware of your computer, bad sectors on your hard disks can also the cause of PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error.
How to fix the problem of page fault in the nonpaged area?
There are two possible ways to fix this error.
- Restart your computer and log in again.
- If it does not fix by restarting. you can follow the following steps.
Check your hard disk if it has some error
There is a built-in tool in the windows. This tool analyzes the errors of hard disks and fixes several errors on its own.
You can follow the following steps to run this tool:-
- Open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Type “chkdsk D: /f” and press the enter.
- You can replace the “D” with any other hard disk in which the error exists.
- This command discovers the logical issues in your hard disk and resolves them on its own.
- In case there is some physical issue, then you can type “chkdsk D: /r.” Again you can replace the “D” with any other drive you think is the error carrier.
- To save the time, you may go for both commands at a time by typing the command “chkdsk D: /f /r.”
- Now check if the error is fixed or not. To check this, Restart your computer.
- If you get a message narrating: “The command chkdsk is unable to run the volume is busy with another process
- In this scenario, type “Y”. It may result in checking of disk errors after you restart the computer on its own.
Run the windows memory diagnostic tool
This error message indicates that there is some problem with RAM. If the error occurs due to RAM, you should replace it. You can run the windows memory diagnostic tool. To open the windows memory diagnostic tool type “memory diagnostic” in the search bar. You will find two options
- If you want to verify the problems immediately, then restart your computer.
- Verify the issues next time whenever you will start your computer.
Go for the option which you think is most appropriate.
Update the drivers or get the new ones
The outdated and incorrect drivers are another major cause for page fault in non paged area (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) error. In case you find the drivers incorrect or outdated, then you must update the drivers. you can also install new drivers for your computer to fix this issue. You can follow these steps to update your device drivers.
- Open the device manager
- The menu of “Device Manager” contains a list of all the devices connected to your computer.
- If you are sure about the particular device drivers that are creating issues, you have an option to update those drivers only.
- In case you are not sure about the particular device drivers that are creating issues, in this scenario, you can update all of them.
- To update the drivers, right-click on them one by one, and you will get an option of “Update driver” through a drop-down menu.
- However, you require an internet connection to update the drivers of the devices of your computer.
Reinstall the drivers of your computer
If the problem does not solve by updating the drivers, you can reinstall the drivers as well. In this regard, you have to uninstall the driver first, and then you will see that on starting the computer next time, windows 10 will reinstall all the drivers that are missing on its own.
Disable the application of antivirus software temporarily
Sometimes, the installation of some antivirus software also can lead the computer towards this error. In this case, you can disable the antivirus of your computer temporarily. After disable check the issue if it is fixed now.
Check the RAM of your Computer
If you are having the PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA error in your computer, then you can also check if
- There is an inappropriate connection between the RAM chip and the processor.
- The slot or the RAM chip is dusty.
- There is at least one damaged RAM stick, which may cause this error.
To overcome this issue, you can reconnect the RAM after detaching it once. In case you are sure that the RAM chip is dusty, then remove it and make it free of dust. Now you can reconnect it. If you find the RAM chip-free of dirt, then you can replace it with a new one to overcome this error. Once you have done, restart your computer so you may come to know that if you have succeeded in fixing this error.
In case you are sure that one of the damaged RAM stick is causing the PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA error, then you should acknowledge yourself about that particular stick. Now try to restart your computer without that specific stick. Observe that if the error still exists. Try this with each stick of the RAM. You would find out the error causing stick. Once you find it out, go for the option of replacement of that particular stick to fix the PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA error.
Page fault in non paged area in windows 10, 8 or 7, and how to fix it?
If a computer having windows 10, 8 or 7 is facing the problem of PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA error, you can go for all given methods and procedures to fix this issue. For example:
- Check the hard disk of your computer.
- Run Windows built-in tools.
- Update the drivers
- Disable antivirus
- Check Ram of your Computer.
People are also looking for the solution of the Stop Code Memory management issue